Social Champion Volunteering Declaration
By submitting this form I agree to abide by the principles outlined in the volunteering policy.
- I agree to provide, when asked, the details of two referees.
- I agree to declare and discuss with my Cancer Research UK contact any health conditions/disabilities or other issues which might impact upon my ability to volunteer.
- I agree to declare and discuss with my Cancer Research UK contact any unspent criminal convictions or pending court cases I may have.*
- I will notify Cancer Research UK of any changes in circumstances that may affect my volunteering.
- I acknowledge that I am volunteering entirely at my own risk and that Cancer Research UK shall not be liable in any way for any injury or loss that might occur as a result of my activities or in respect of any use of any information provided to me by Cancer Research UK other than as a result of Cancer Research UK’s negligence.
- I agree to make it clear that, while I am acting in this voluntary position for Cancer Research UK, any opinion I express on my social media profiles is in entirely my own and does not necessarily represent the opinions and beliefs held by Cancer Research UK.
- I agree not to violate the guidelines or terms of service as set out by the social media channels on which I choose to carry out the social media advocacy of this voluntary position.
- I agree to abide by any reasonable instructions Cancer Research UK may provide to me in respect of my volunteering and how I may use any Cancer Research UK materials or information that are provided to me.
- I agree that I will promptly remove any content disseminated through my social media profiles which is connected to my volunteering or which makes use of Cancer Research UK materials or information if requested to do so by Cancer Research UK.
- I agree to abide by all CR-UK health and safety policies and guidelines and understand that I have a responsibility for my own and others health and safety whilst volunteering with the charity.
- I agree that ownership of any intellectual property rights created in the course of my volunteering and that ownership of any intellectual property rights in any materials or information provided to me by Cancer Research UK in connection with my volunteering shall remain vested in Cancer Research UK.
- I agree that Cancer Research UK may hold and use my information for the purposes of administering and supervising my work with the charity and that such information may be available to those who reasonably need to know the same within the charity.
- I have read and agree to the above declaration
*A prior criminal conviction or pending court case may not prevent you from volunteering with Cancer Research UK but we need to be able to make fully informed decisions about deploying our volunteers safely and in accordance with the law. Hence failure to disclose relevant information or providing false or misleading information will ordinarily result in the volunteering opportunity being withdrawn with immediate effect. Under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 you do not need to disclose any convictions which are considered ‘spent’ under the provisions of the Act.