Relay for Life Social Media Volunteer - Jersey
Apply right now!
Why we need you
Relay For Life is an overnight community event that celebrates cancer survivors, remembers those lost and rallies everyone to fight back so we can bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
Each Relay is a community-led, non-athletic event where teams set up camp and take it in turns to walk around a track for up to 24 hours to signify that ‘cancer never sleeps’.
Relay For Life generates £3 million in vital funds and through our research, we’ve helped double UK cancer survival over the last 40 years. These events are only made possible thanks to the dedication and skills of our brilliant volunteers, and we’re looking for more amazing people to join the team.
What will you be doing?
- Keeping up to date with the central Cancer Research UK social media accounts and reposting appropriate content for your community
- Spotting opportunities and online trends to boost the number of local followers we have on Facebook and Twitter.
- Getting to grips with the Cancer Research UK brand guidelines so you’re able to post in a consistent tone of voice with the rest of the organisation
- Promoting the team’s fundraising activities, on social media, and encouraging traffic to the website.
The type of person we are looking for
- Organisation and reliability are key to building a local online presence.
- Creative and fun communication skills
- Be willing to track your impact using the built in social platform reporting tools
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- You’ll receive a full induction to the team and what we do
- Cancer Research UK brand guidelines
- You’ll receive regular support through one to ones to discuss your development
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Unique insight into the world of social media and fundraising in the charity sector
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills in online marketing and social media
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK.
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
How much time do you need to commit?
The role is home based so most of the volunteering will be done in your own time.
Please fill in our online application form. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please contact Hannah on 07810 757 408 or email Hannah.email@example.com .
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.