Relay For Life Eastbourne Event Chair – Eastbourne, East Sussex
Apply right now!
Relay For Life is a year round team fundraising effort which culminates in a celebratory event in the summer to mark a year of fundraising and to bring supporters, fundraisers and the wider community together to celebrate, remember, and fight back.
Together with a team of experienced and enthusiastic volunteers, you will lead this group and its fundraising aspirations, building on the existing successful Relay event and adding your own expertise, ideas and dedication to drive its future successes and growth. This is a role to really make your own. It will enable you to flex your creative muscle to help us make future Relay For Life events with the support of your Cancer Research UK Local Fundraising Manager who will help you realise your ideas and vision, to make Relay For Life Eastbourne bigger than ever before!
Why we need you:
Relay For Life Eastbourne has been running for 5 years and in that time, has raised over £180,000 for life saving research. Over the years it has grown in numbers, participants, popularity and return. Our existing Chairperson is retiring after 5 years of dedicated service having built Relay For Life Eastbourne from nothing and taken it to the event it is today, and therefore the future of the event and all that it achieves in funding life saving research relies on a new, passionate, dedicated Chairperson to lead the group and its event to new heights.
What will I be doing?
Working closely with the wider Relay volunteer group to hone skills and talents, utilising them to best effect, whilst motivating your team and bringing new ideas and fresh approaches to the event.
Using your own local connections and networks to promote Relay for life and engage with new supporters, encourage team sign ups and help develop and drive fundraising ideas.
The Chairperson meets monthly or as frequently with their Relay Committee team and individually with key group members and their CRUK support.
What skills do I need?
- Well networked / strong local connections
- Available time to dedicate to the role
- A passion for helping us beat cancer sooner
- Previous charity fundraising or event management experience desirable but not essential.
What support will we give you?
- You will receive a full volunteer pack including branded clothing, ID badge and materials required to fulfil your role.
- You will have a dedicated CRUK member of staff as your Local Fundraising Manager to lead and support you in your role.
- You will receive training and ideas from the CRUK team and wider Relay For Life network.
- You will have the opportunity to shadow the current Relay For Life Chairperson in their role to learn processes and plans ahead of your taking over, including on the day attendance at Relay For Life Eastbourne Fun Day event on 1st and 2nd June.
- You will be invited to our annual Relay Expo in November where all Relays from across the UK come together for a celebration of your achievements, sharing of ideas and successes over a dinner and entertainment, also attended by key CRUK staff and speakers to inspire and inform.
- You will receive a full Guide Manual created by the existing Relay group with all contacts, conections, timeplans, contracts and all info you will need to successfully take over this group and its event.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
Where will I be based?
This role is home based, with meetings held in free community spaces each month or as frequently as is required. The planning of meetings and diary commitments is entirely at the discretion of the Chairperson as suits.
How do I apply?
Please fill out the online application form. If you have any questions please contact Hannah Preston at Hannah.firstname.lastname@example.org
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.