Race for Life Marketing and Promotion Volunteer- Guernsey
Apply right now!
What is Race for Life?
Race for Life is a series of events which help to raise vital money for research into all 200 types of cancer. Race for Life is no ordinary event. It empowers thousands of people to unite with one purpose. To come together. To raise money. To BEAT CANCER.
Why we need you!
With almost 300 Race for Life events happening nationwide every, we’re searching for passionate and motivational new recruits to join our amazing army of volunteers.
Without our volunteers, Race for Life events simply couldn’t happen – your support helps us put on the best events possible to raise lifesaving funds, and ultimately help beat cancer sooner.
We are looking to increase the number of people participating in Race for Life in Guernsey in 2020 and need passionate volunteers to help us spread the word about the event in their local community.
What will you be doing?
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise promotion of Race For Life and Race For Life Schools
- Helping to plan and coordinate group marketing and promotion activities
- Promoting Race For Life and Race For Life Schools in the local community
- Attending group meetings
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK and where possible helping to support and promote other Cancer Research UK events in the area.
The type of people we are looking for
You will be enthusiastic and motivated, with a local knowledge of your community and a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK. You will volunteer alongside the rest of the group to generate new ideas, build and maintain effective relationships and support the delivery of fundraising events.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are volunteering together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
Where will this role be based?
This is a home based role in Guernsey however part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. meetings, fundraising events etc.
How much time do you need to commit?
As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity this is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager and we will help you find the best way to help beat cancer sooner.
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.