Telephone discussion group - Help improve how ovarian cancer trial results are shared
We are sorry, this opportunity to get involved has closed
Thanks for your interest in this opportunity, unfortunately it's now closed. We do have other exciting ways for you to get involved, which are listed on our current opportunities page.
Lots of research has shown that most people who take part in clinical trials want to be told the overall study results. But often that doesn’t happen, or isn’t done well. MRC Clinical Trials Unit at UCL (MRC) has tested several ways of sharing results with the women taking part in an ovarian cancer trial. MRC asked the women taking part in the trial what they thought about the different ways of sharing the trial results. MRC now has the results of this study.
MRC is planning to hold two telephone discussion groups for women with ovarian cancer who have taken part in a clinical trial. During the discussion, they will tell you the main results from their study on how to share results. They will then ask you what you think the recommendations should be, based on these findings, for sharing the results of future trials.
This discussion group may be of particular interest to you if you feel strongly about people receiving the results of research they have taken part in. Your input will help MRC advise researchers on the best way to share results with trial participants.
When is it, and how long will it take?
Two separate discussion groups will take place on the dates shown below, but we will only ask you to take part in one of them.
- Wednesday 20 May 2020, 2.30pm to 4pm
- Tuesday 2 June 2020, 10.30am to 12pm
MRC will send you a short document to read before the call. We will also send you details of how to join the call. You will take part in a discussion group by telephone (MRC will dial out to you, or give you a Freephone number to call).
What can you gain from this opportunity?
- The chance to influence decisions about recommendations on how researchers should communicate trial results to participants.
- Talking with new people with similar experiences to your own.
What support is offered?
MRC will offer a £20 voucher that can be used in a range of high street shops as a thank you for taking part in the discussion group.
Specific Criteria, MRC are looking for anyone who:
- Is living with ovarian cancer.
- Have taken part, or are taking part, in a clinical trial.
- Are interested in how trial results are shared with the people taking part.
- Are able to join the discussion group by telephone on one of the dates listed above.
Whom should you contact if you want more information?
- Annabelle South
- Telephone number: 020 7670 4827
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply:
Contact Annabelle South (using the contact details above), giving:
- Your name
- Contact details (phone number and email address or postal address)
- Which trial you have taken /are taking part in
- Which of the discussion group times and dates you are available for
Closing date: CLOSED
Get in touch
To become a member of Your Involvement Network and help us beat cancer, please click below and complete your details.