Louth Run for Life Race Marshall 30th June 2019
Apply Right Now!
Why we need you:
To ensure the event is safe for all of our participants, we have marshals situated along the route to support, assist and flag anything that may need further investigation. This will include anyone needing further first aid, a helping hand or simply just an extra bit of motivation.
What will I be doing?
- Cheer on runners
- Keep a vigilant eye on everyone taking part to ensure they are safe.
- Support the volunteer team to ensure the event is safe.
- Support other marshalls if they need further assistance.
What skills do I need?
We’re looking for a team player with good communication skills, who is happy to cheer on our fundraisers. We need someone who remains calm under pressure and can support volunteers with ensuring this event is safe.
You will be placed with another volunteer and may not be in the town centre, to be trustworthy and reliable to attend the event and stay until the final runner has passed.
What support will we give you?
You will receive a safety briefing the morning of the event, a bottle of water and key contacts for the day incase you need to alert anyone of health & safety risks.
A Cancer Research UK representative will be there on the day to answer any questions.
What benefits can I expect?
- Event Marshalling experience, volunteering for Cancer Research UK
- Opportunity to join the fundraising group afterward.
- You will meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be part of a huge, fun and inspiring event
Where will I be based?
This role will be based outside on Sunday 30th June, in and around Louth Town Centre. Timings will be from 8am – 1/2pm
Please fill in our short online application form and if you have any questions please call Hannah Preston on 07810 757 408 or email Hannah.Preston@cancer.org.uk
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.