Local Committee Fundraising Group Member – Wellingborough
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies in every pound, every hour and every person. Be a part of Daventry Friends and help raise awareness and life-saving funds to beat cancer sooner.
Thanks to the generosity of our volunteers and supporters, Cancer Research UK funds over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses across the UK. If you’re looking to get in your community and make a difference, then the Daventry Friends Fundraising Group could be for you.
What will I be doing?
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise local fundraising efforts.
- Helping to/ taking charge of planning and coordinate group fundraising activites.
- Promoting fundraising events and iniatives in the local community.
- Attending group meetings.
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community.
- Been an ambassador to Cancer Research UK, attending thank you events and supporting fundraising going on in the area.
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK and where possible helping to support and promote other Cancer Research Uk events in the area.
- Supporting collections and connecting with local community.
What skills do I need?
You will be enthusiastic and motivated, with a local knowledge of your community. We hope you will be passionate about the work of Cancer Research UK and want to get involved in your community. You will work with the team to generate fundraising ideas, build relationships in the community and support fundraising in the local area.
What support will we give you?
- An induction and ongoing support and guidence from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers.
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events.
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people.
- Chance to connect with new networks and your local community.
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
Where will I be based?
This role is home based around Wellingborough area. It is very flexible but hopefully part of the role will be out and about in the community in Wellingborough and around Northamptonshire at events and committee meetings.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.