General Volunteer - Royal Parks Half Marathon 2023 - 8th October 2023
Our Event Volunteers are essential in making our events a success and giving our participants all the support they need to cross the finish line.
For just a couple of hours of volunteering, you’ll be helping us to raise vital funds for our pioneering, life-saving research. We rely on every mile, every pound and every volunteer to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. Together we will beat cancer sooner!
What will you be doing?
- Cheering on our amazing runners (and being louder than anyone else on route!)
- Welcoming their families and friends to the cheer point
- You may be asked to help set up our cheer station with our banners and flags.
- The meet and greet team congratulate our runners at the end of the race and guide them over to our post-race reception, where they can receive refreshments and a well-deserved massage!
Please feel free to bring friends and family along to help support the team and enjoy the event with you.
What support will you be given?
Before the event one of our staff will get in contact with you about the day and brief you in on what you will be doing. On the day you will be supported by the event team and other enthusiastic volunteers, you will be given refreshments on the day but it may be a good idea to also bring your own! If you want to cheer on the runners clappers, cheering sticks, whistles and loud hailers will be available – as well as a free Cancer Research UK t-shirt to make you stand out from the crowd.
What benefits can you expect?
- The satisfaction of making a vital difference to the life-saving work of Cancer Research UK and helping us to beat cancer sooner.
- For anyone looking to get into events management or the charity sector, this is a great way to get an insight as to what’s involved at sports events and also develop your experience.
- Meet new people in your local community who have the same passion for beating cancer as you do.
Ready to apply?
If this role has your name written all over it, click the 'apply now' button at the top of the page
At Cancer Research UK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential. We will consider making any reasonable adjustments to support volunteer applications from people with a disability or health condition. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that volunteers from diverse backgrounds will help us to beat cancer.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.