General Volunteer – Brighton Marathon 2023 - 2nd April 2023
Why we need you:
We rely on every mile, every pound and every volunteer to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. This includes our cheering teams, who are essential in making sure our runners reach that finish line.
Volunteer at this event and help us save lives. For just a few hours of your time, you’ll be helping us to raise vital money for our pioneering, life-saving research.
Together we will beat cancer sooner.
What skills do I need?
We are looking for volunteers who are:
- Organised: there might be a few different tasks we need your help with on the day
- Confident: we need you to be comfortable and happy with approaching members of the public
- Approachable: you’ll be the face of Cancer Research UK Kids & Teens on the day
- Enthusiastic: helping to spread the word about both Cancer Research UK Kids & Teens and the Brighton Marathon Festival
What will I be doing?
There are a whole host of things we’ll need your help with on the day – including:
- Bucket collections
- Collecting unwanted clothes from runners for our shops
- Setting up and stewarding the Slide Rider Slide
- Giving timing information to runners and answering questions, which will all be detailed in the programme and your brief
A day to spare – you’ll be needed from around 7.30am on the day, and finished by 11am. However, this is flexible and any time you can spare will make a big difference.
What support will we give you?
- A full briefing before the event and on arrival at the event. Details of the briefing location will be given in due course.
- A dedicated CRUK contact so you have someone to speak to and ask questions from the moment you sign up until after the event.
What benefits can I expect?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- A unique insight into the world of events and the charity sector
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
Where will I be based?
You’ll be right in the heart of it, based near the start line in the Brighton Marathon race village.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.