Fundraising Volunteer- Grantham, Bourne and Spalding
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Across the south of Lincolnshire we’re in need of ambassadors. Without the generosity of our supporters and volunteers we couldn’t fund over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses across the UK. If you’re looking to get involved in your local community then this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What will I be doing?
- Identify new ideas and opportunities to maximise local fundraising efforts
- Promoting fundraising events and initiatives in your local community
- Representing Cancer Research UK in your community
- Host collections around relevant campaigns e.g. Stand Up To Cancer
- Using your local knowledge to promote fundraising in your area.
What skills do I need?
We need someone outgoing and enthusiastic, with a real passion for fundraising and the work of Cancer Research UK. You will be mentored and assisted by a local point of contact throughout your time.
We want you to build effective relationships with people you meet and to champion Cancer Research UK. This role can be built around you and be as active as you want, we want someone reliable and committed to helping us beat cancer sooner.
What support will we give you?
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager.
- Training on fundraising best practice and advice on events.
- The opportunity to attend Cancer Research UK hosted events/talks.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- Meet other like-minded people who are helping to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Get involved in a wide range of fundraising activites and events
- A unique insight in the world of fundraising in the charity sector
- You will be rewarded for reaching fundraising milestones or anniversaries
- You will be provded with a Cancer Research UK Polo Shirt and Volunteer Badge.
Where will I be based?
This is a home-based role in your area. The nature of being a local point of contact will include local travel and attending various events.
What’s the next step:
Apply right now!
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.