Fundraising Group Volunteer - in your local area
Apply right now!
Why we need you
Do you have a passion for planning and a talent for team building? Are you willing to try new avenues, when others play it safe? If you’re someone who can rally a team together to organise events and raise £10,000 or more in your local area, then we need you!
Our fundraising groups provide a vital source of income in the fight against cancer, each year raising over £10 million to fund our pioneering research.
Volunteers are at the heart of our communities and we’re looking for people of all ages and from all backgrounds to join one of our fundraising groups or start one of their own. There’s a role for everyone, so come and join the fun!
What will you be doing?
Below are a few examples of how you could use your skills to get involved
- Planning and coordinating fundraising activities as a team
- Thinking creatively to identify new ideas and opportunities
- Leading the fundraising group as Chairperson and acting as the ‘go to’ contact
- Attending events in your area as the local face of Cancer Research UK
- Communicating and relationship building with people in your community
- Keeping accurate and up to date records in an accountancy role
- Administration to help us in a secretarial or event organisation role
- Using your local knowledge to help promote fundraising events in your area
- Encouraging others to support Cancer Research UK
The type of person we are looking for
Are you a team player with good communication skills, well networked with a local knowledge of your community? Do you love to socialise and meet people from all different backgrounds? We’re looking for organised, self motivated people who have the ability to delegate and a genuine passion and enthusiasm for fundraising and the work of Cancer Research UK.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers.
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives.
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
How much time do you need to commit?
The time commitment you’ll give will depend on the role you choose. This is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager and we will help you find the best way to help beat cancer sooner.
Register your interest and your Local Fundraising Manager will contact you to tell you more about our fundraising groups and find out more about your skills, experience and motivations.
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.