Fundraising Group Member – Surrey
Apply right now!
Be part of a fundraising group in Surrey; raise awareness and funds to help beat cancer. Join volunteers in your local area to help promote Cancer Research UK and our work. Develop your skills and learn new ones with one of the best known and well respected charities in the country.
Why we need you:
Our fundraising groups are absolutely crucial to Cancer Research UK’s ambitions for the future, we value their support enormously. By being part of a fundraising group in Surrey you will be part of the huge community that is Cancer Research UK and you’ll be helping to accelerate our progress funding scientific research to help beat cancer.
What will I be doing?
These are some of the activities you could be undertaking as part of a fundraising group
- Helping to plan and co-ordinate group fundraising activities
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise local fundraising efforts
- Promoting Cancer Research UK fundraising events and initiatives within the local community.
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK
What skills do I need?
If you want to help beat cancer, if you have local knowledge. If you are able to collaborate to generate new ideas and convert them into fundraising successes. If you are, or would like to be, confident speaking to all kinds of people about our work and can encourage them to support us. If you have, or would like to have great communication skills, project management and events experience. If you have a talent for logistics, or have an eye for detail and have time to give.
What support will we give you?
If volunteer as a fundraising group member we can provide:
- A thorough volunteer induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager, Cancer Research UK staff and fellow volunteers.
- Advice and support on how to create and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to see for yourself how your contribution helps save lives.
- Reimbursement of agreed out of pocket expenses
- Promotional and event related materials, branded merchandise.
What benefits can I expect?
As a volunteer will gain:
- The knowledge that you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills.
- A chance to meet new people and work with them to raise money for Cancer Research UK.
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK.
- A unique insight into the world of fundraising and the charity sector.
- Involvement in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events.
Where will I be based?
We don’t have any fundraising offices in Surrey, our staff are based from home. But you’ll be part of a fundraising group in or close to our local area. At present we are recruiting specifically for volunteer groups we are building in the Guildford, Woking and Kingston areas.
Please fill in our short online application form and if you have any questions please call Hannah Preston on 07810 757 408 or email on Hannah.Preston@cancer.org.uk.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.