Fundraising Group Member - Sale
Apply right now!
Why We Need You
Sale Local Committee is a long-standing fundraising group which exists to raise funds and raise the profile of the charity in Sale and surrounding areas.
All funds raised help to generate lifesaving funds for cancer research in Manchester and the North West. Our life-saving research is only made possible thanks to the dedication and skills of our brilliant volunteers, and we’re looking for more amazing people to join this friendly group. You can give as much time as you like and come along with friends and family too.
What will you be doing?
We need your passion and skills as part of a committee that will plan, organise and promote various events, however large or small, over the course of the year. The aim is also to promote the work of Cancer Research UK in the region.
We also need volunteers to:
- Increase cancer awareness in your local community
- Promote and publicise the aims and events of Sale Local Committee
- Assist with or organise events to support the aims of the committee
The type of person we are looking for
Are you a team player with good communication skills, well networked with a local knowledge of your community? Do you love to socialise and meet people from all different backgrounds? We’re looking for organised, self-motivated people who have the ability to delegate and a genuine passion and enthusiasm for fundraising and the work of Cancer Research UK.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be part of a huge, fun and inspiring team
How much time do you need to commit?
The time commitment you’ll give will depend on the role you choose. This is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager and we will help you find the best way to help beat cancer sooner.
Please fill in our online application form. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please contact Rob Davies at email@example.com
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.