Fundraising Group Member – Rotherham
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. Be a part of Rotherham’s new fundraising group; raising awareness and life-saving funds to help beat cancer sooner. We’ve been at the heart of the progress that has already seen cancer survival in the UK double in the last 40 years. Today, 2 in 4 people survive their cancer for at least 10 years. Our ambition is to accelerate progress so that by 2034, 3 in 4 people will survive their cancer. By joining us, you’re becoming a part of that vital mission.
Why we need you:
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. Be a part of Rotherham’s new fundraising group; raising awareness and life-saving funds to help beat cancer sooner. The Rotherham Group will raise vital funds to help support Cancer Research UK’s work, helping us as we strive to reach our goal of 3 in 4 surviving their treatments by 2034.
Thanks to the generosity of our volunteers and supporters, Cancer Research UK funds over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses across the UK. If you’re looking to get involved with something different, and have fun while making a difference then the Rotherham Fundraising Group could be for you.
What will I be doing?
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise local fundraising efforts
- Helping to plan and coordinate group fundraising activities
- Promoting fundraising events and initiatives in the local community
- Attending group meetings
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK and where possible helping to support and promote other Cancer Research UK events in the area.
- We have a range of different roles available in the group, such as Chair, Secretary and Treasurer, or you might prefer to help our ad-hoc.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We will consider making any reasonable adjustments to support volunteer applications from people with a disability or health condition. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that volunteers from diverse backgrounds will help us to beat cancer.
Where will this role be based?
This is a home-based role in Rotherham; however, part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings, fundraising events etc.
How much time do you need to commit?
As this is a flexible volunteering opportunity this is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager and we will help you find the best way to help beat cancer sooner.
We have a range of roles depending on your circumstances and availability, every member of a fundraising group is a valued supporter to Cancer Research UK. You might take on a specific role in the group (if available) like Chair, Treasurer or Secretary. Or you might be happy just helping out ad-hoc.
Register your interest today by clicking 'Apply for this role', and your Relationship Manager will contact you to tell you more about Rotherham Fundraising Group.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.