Fundraising Group Member – Mayfair, London
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
The Mayfair and St James Committee is long-standing and successful fundrasing group who is looking for a new member. We are seeking an ambitious and well-connected person who lives or works in the Mayfair or Central/West London area to expand a successful committeee and increase fundraising success.
What will I be doing?
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise local fundraising efforts
- Helping to plan and coordinate group fundraising activities
- Promoting fundraising events and initiatives in the local community
- Attending group meetings
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK and where possible helping to support and promote other Cancer Research UK events in the area.
What skills do I need?
The Mayfair and St James Committee is a successful committee and continues to play a major role in raising vital funds for research. This is a high-level project so you should have an excellent network in the business and professional communities within Mayfair and the surrounding area and to be willing to open these networks to benefit the activities of the committee.
In terms of personal qualities, we are seeking to recruit a confident, dynamic individual who is willing to commit some time to continue the fundraiser success of the committee. You should also be approachable, flexible and able to work as part of a team, as that will be key to the committee’s success.
What support will we give you?
• An induction to volunteering and ongoing support and guidance from your London based Fundraising Manager
• Advice on setting up and promoting high value fundraising events
• The opportunity to visit one of our laboratories in London and go behind the scenes and hear from one of the scientists to see how your money helps save lives
• We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can I expect?
- The chance to work alongside and deeply engage with one of the world’s leading charity organisations.
- The prospect of growing your networks with other members of the Board
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
Where will I be based?
This is a home based role in London, however part of your role will include you being active in the community e.g. booking venues, sourcing prizes, networking and promoting your event.
Please fill in our online application form. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please contact Hannah Preston at Hannah.Preston@cancer.org.uk.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.