Fundraising group member - Heywood and Rochdale
Apply right now
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. Be a part of the Heywood and Rochdale ambitious fundraising group; raising awareness and life-saving funds to help beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you:
Cancer Research UK is looking for people to join a fundraising group who plan and deliver events throughout the year. By taking on this role in a Cancer Research UK group you will help to increase cancer awareness within your community and raise significant funds for Cancer Research UK's world class research to save lives by preventing, controlling and curing cancer. The committee are always looking for new members and would love to have you on board!
What will I be doing?
- Attending group meetings.
- Taking a role in planning events.
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise the funds raised for Cancer Research UK.
- Promoting events in the local community and to your contacts.
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community.
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK and helping to support and promote other Cancer Research UK events in the area.
What support will we give you?
- You will be given an induction and training on all aspects of this role.
- All appropriate materials, including branded stationery will be supplied by Cancer Research UK.
- Advice and guidance on how to access information and resources.
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
Where will I be based?
This is a home-based role in Heywood and Rochdale however part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. group meetings, fundraising events etc.
How do I sign up?
Please complete our online application form and the Volunteering Team will then get in touch.
At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We will consider making any reasonable adjustments to support volunteer applications from people with a disability or health condition. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that volunteers from diverse backgrounds will help us to beat cancer.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
Welcome to Volunteering booklet
We want you to get the most out of volunteering with us and feel supported. The Welcome to Volunteering booklet will give you an overview of everything you need to know about your time with us.