Fundraising Group Member - Herne Bay, Kent
Apply right now!
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals who would love to volunteer by joining our successful Herne Bay committee to help with events and fundraising. You will also be able support the group in putting on other events throughout the year and will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience whilst raising money for CRUK.
Why we need you:
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering, play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer to help us to create more tomorrows.
What will I be doing?
- Work with this established fundraising group help at organised events, including collections.
- Option to plan a number other events as a fundraising team.
- Approach companies to take part, sponsor the event or donate items to your events
- Promote fundraising ideas and events through social media and your network of contacts
What skills do I need?
You will be enthusiastic and motivated, with a local knowledge of your community and a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK. You will generate new ideas, build and maintain effective relationships and help to deliver successful fundraising events. Previous experience in volunteering is desirable but not essential.
What support will we give you?
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as your fellow group members.
- Advice and guidance on how to access information and resources.
- Advice on how to set up and promote a fundraising event.
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills and a chance to meet new people
What benefits can I expect?
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
- An unique insight into the world of volunteering and the charity sector
This role is on an on-going basis but shouldn’t need more than 1-2 hours per week, However in the lead up to an event you may be putting in extra time. The role is flexible. You will be asked to attend fundraising group meetings approx. every month for no more than two hours.
Where will I be based?
This a home based role but you will be expected to attend fundraising group meetings in Herne Bay (usually no more than monthly). Part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. attending collections, booking venues, sourcing prizes, promoting your event.
How do I apply?
Please fill in our short online application form. Please be aware, you must be over 18 to apply to volunteer for this role. If you have any questions, please contact Hannah Preston via firstname.lastname@example.org or 07810757408.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.