Fundraising Group Member - Chelmsford
Apply Right Now!
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. Our Chelmsford fundraising group are looking for new members to help them raise awareness and life-saving funds to beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you:
Thanks to the generosity of our volunteers and supporters, Cancer Research UK funds over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses across the UK. If you’re looking to get involved with something different and make a difference, then becoming a member of our Chelmsford group could be for you!
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. Be a part of Chelmsford’s ambitious fundraising group and help raise awareness and life-saving funds to help beat cancer sooner.
What will you be doing?
- Helping to plan and coordinate group fundraising activities
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities in the local community
- Promoting fundraising events and campaigns in the local community
- Attending group meetings
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group within Chelmsford
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK and where possible helping to support and promote other Cancer Research UK events in the area.
The type of person we are looking for
- Enthusiastic and motivated to make a difference in your local community
- An interest in Cancer Research UK and our ground-breaking research
- A reliable team player
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction, relevant training and ongoing support from your dedicated Local Fundraising Manager
- Agreed out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed in line with our guidelines
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- The opportunity to visit our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- Involvement with our well-known events and national campaigns
- Development of new and existing skills
Where will this role be based?
This is a home-based role in the Chelmsford area however part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. group meetings, fundraising events etc.
How much time do you need to commit?
This role is flexible but 1-2 hours a week is suggested. The Chelmsford group meet once a month but fundraising activities are organised throughout the year.
Just click 'Apply Right Now!' and fill in a short application form. We will contact you to tell you more about what’s involved and find out more about your skills, experience and motivations.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.