Fundraising Group Member - Box / Corsham
Why we need you:
We need your passion and drive to help the Box & Corsham Committee achieve their fundraising goals. You can help come up with new ideas, organise events and expand the committee’s profile in the local community.
Being part of the Box & Corsham Committee is fun, friendly and immensely rewarding.
What will I be doing?
- Assist with the organisation of fundraising events, such as; quizzes, wine tastings, coffee mornings, bucket collections, carol singing, twighlight walks etc.
- Helping to come up with new, creative fundraising ideas
Helping to expand the committee’s presence in the local community / on social media
Representing Cancer Research UK in the local community
Opportunities to educate the community including, local schools and businesses on healthy lifestyles and cancer awareness – all information will be provided for you
What skills do I need?
Passion for the work of Cancer Research UK
Ability to work as part of a team
An interest in fundraising
Willingness to get involved with a range of tasks
Committed, reliable and able to work under your own initiative
Please be aware, you must be over 18 to apply to volunteer for this role
What support will we give you?
- A dedicated local Cancer Research UK Fundraising Manager will be available to give you continuous support, advice and guidance
- You will be given an induction and training on all aspects of this role
- Support with marketing, promotional materials and networking
- Fundraising materials and Health & Safety guidance will be provided
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
- A unique insight into the world of the charity sector
Where will I be based?
You will be based from home and will also spend time out and about in your local community taking part in various fundraising initiatives / events.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.