Fundraising Group Member - Berwick
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Our scientists need people who are passionate about beating cancer, to rally members of their community, to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
1 in 2 people alive today will receive a cancer diagnosis but the good news is survival has doubled in the last 40 years!
What will I be doing?
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise local fundraising efforts
- Helping to plan and coordinate group fundraising activities
- Promoting fundraising events and initiatives in the local community
- Attending group meetings
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK and where possible helping to support and promote other Cancer Research UK events in the area.
What skills do I need?
You will be enthusiastic and motivated, with a local knowledge of your community and a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK. You will work alongside the rest of the fundraising group to generate new ideas, build and maintain effective relationships and support the delivery of fundraising events.
What support will we give you?
- An induction plus ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager & fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to plan, promote and run a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit our Newcastle research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can I expect?
- Develop new and existing skills
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Make a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK helping bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Involvement in a wide range of exciting activities and events
- Travel and other expenses (as agreed in advance)
Where will I be based?
This is a home-based role however part of your role will include you being ‘out and about’ in the community e.g. committee meetings, fundraising events etc.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.