Fundraising Group Member - Basingstoke
Why we need you:
Basingstoke doesn’t currently have any local fundraising groups, and we think there would be great potential in having a Cancer Research UK presence your local area!
What will I be doing?
Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise local fundraising efforts.
- Helping recruit new members and create a new group with your local fundraising manager
- Helping to plan and coordinate group fundraising activities
- Promoting fundraising events and initiatives in the local community
- Attending group meetings
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community
- Keeping up to date with the latest news and activities from Cancer Research UK and where possible helping to support and promote other Cancer Research UK events in the area.
What skills do I need?
You will be enthusiastic and motivated, with a local knowledge of your community and a passion for the work of Cancer Research UK. You will work alongside the rest of the fundraising group to generate new ideas, build and maintain effective relationships and support the delivery of fundraising events. You may have skills and expertise in event/project management, specific interest in a certain hobby which could be transferred into a fundraising idea, accountancy experience, or simply just happy to give your time!
What support will we give you?
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- The opportunity to visit one of our research laboratories to see how your money helps save lives
- Design Communications to advertise events (printed posters, leaflets etc.)
- Introduction to our current Fundraising Products, and ressources to run these.
What benefits can I expect?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
Where will I be based?
You will be based from home and will also spend time out and about in your local community taking part in various fundraising initiatives / events.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.