Fundraising Group Member, Abseil Committee – City of London
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
Part of the City of London committee, the abseil committee is a longstanding and successful fundrasing group who is looking for a new member. We are seeking an ambitious and well-connected person who lives or works in the City of London area to expand a successful committee and increase fundraising success.
Richard – abseil committee chair:
“Being on the abseil committee has been a great way to raise funds for CRUK and have fun doing it. It is always amazing seeing so many people take part in abseils across London and there’s a great feeling from being part of the team leading the event. We’re looking forward to running more and bigger events in 2019 to build on the successful events we’ve already held. With more than £500,000 raised to date from our abseils, we can’t wait to reach £1,000,000!”
What will I be doing?
- Identifying new ideas and opportunities to maximise local fundraising efforts
- Helping to plan and coordinate group fundraising activities
- Promoting fundraising events and initiatives in the local community and business networks
- Attending group meetings
- Representing Cancer Research UK and your group in the local community
What skills do I need?
The City of London Committee is a successful committee and continue to play a major role in vital raising funds for research. This is a high-level project so you should have an excellent network in the business and professional communities within the City of London and the surrounding area and to be willing to open these networks to benefit the activities of the committee.
In terms of personal qualities, we are seeking to recruit a confident, dynamic individual who is willing to commit some time to continue the fundraiser success of the committee. You should also be approachable, flexible and able to work as part of a team, as that will be key to the committee’s success.
What support will we give you?
• An induction to volunteering and ongoing support and guidance from your London based Fundraising Manager
• Advice on setting up and promoting high value fundraising events
• The opportunity to visit one of our laboratories in London and go behind the scenes and hear from one of the scientists to see how your money helps save lives
• We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people, and work with the fantastic members of the City of London Committee
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
- A unique insight into the world of (enter area of work) and the charity sector
- The chance to work alongside and deeply engage with one of the world’s leading charity organisations.
- The prospect of growing your networks with other members of the Board
Where will I be based?
This is a home based role in London, however part of your role will include you being active in the community e.g. booking venues, sourcing prizes, networking and promoting your event.
Please fill in our short online application form and if you have any questions please call Hannah Preston on 07810 757 408 or email on Hannah.Preston@cancer.org.uk.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.