Fundraising and Collection Coordinator
Apply right now!
Relay For Life Cranleigh & Rudgwick is an inspirational team fundraising challenge culminating in a 24-hour Relay celebration.
The success of this event is due to the dedicated team of volunteers who organise and run Relay For Life and they are looking for a great organiser who can find their way round a spreadsheet and has a passion for fundraising to join their team as a Fundraising and Collections Co-ordinator.
Why we need you
Volunteers are vital to help us reach our ambitious fundraising target in 2019 and we have some fantastic opportunities to do bucket collections at supermarkets, train stations and high street locations throughout the year. We are looking for someone with the skills to co-ordinate our bucket collections, liaise with our Relay teams, recruit helpers, and find new fundraising opportunities to raise funds for Relay For Life and Cancer Research UK.
Are you passionate about raising money to help us find a cure for cancer? Do you love organising people and tasks and relish a challenge? Could you utilise your contacts and skills to find volunteers who are able to spare a few hours and co-ordinate these vital bucket collections that are so valuable to our fundraising efforts?
If you think you’ve got what it takes to co-ordinate and develop this valuable source of income, then this is the volunteer role for you.
What skills do I need?
- Organised and self-motivated
- IT skills – including basic Excel skills
- Able to co-ordinate multiple dates/volunteers into a rota
- Persuasive and passionate
What will I be doing?
- Using your organisational skills, co-ordinating volunteers for multiple bucket collections organised by Cancer Research UK
- Recruit helpers to ensure all collections are fully supported
- Keep records of collection opportunities
- Create rotas for each collection
- Ensure the helpers have the correct permits, buckets, t-shirts etc
- Ensure paperwork relating to any collections are completed in time
- Develop our bucket collection fundraising by finding new opportunities for collections e.g. by contacting supermarkets, garden centres, retail parks and so on
- Thanking and rewarding volunteers as appropriate
- Championing the work of Cancer Research UK
This is a flexible role that you can fit alongside your other commitments, but it would be great if you are available to attend the event over the weekend of 22/23rd June 2019 to see the fruits of your hard work.
The organising committee hold regular meetings for teams and volunteers and you will be invited to attend some of these to sign up helpers for future bucket collections.
What support will we give you?
- You’ll receive a full induction to the team and what we do
- You’ll receive regular support from a Local Fundraising Manager at Cancer Research UK, with experience in working with businesses to support charities, event organisation and volunteer management
What benefits can I expect?
- Unique insight into the world of fundraising in the charity sector
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills and put your people management and organisational skills to a very different use
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK.
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
Where will I be based?
The role is home based and the event takes place in Cranleigh, Surrey (GU6 8JR)
Please fill in our short online application form. Alternatively, or if you have any questions please call Hannah Preston on 07810 757 408 or email on Hannah.Preston@cancer.org.uk.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.