Event Volunteer - Barnstaple Race for Life - 25th June 2023
“I found the day very inspiring & was happy that I could be part of it.”
- Pretty Muddy Lincoln volunteer
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every hour and every person. By joining us at an event day you will be playing a crucial part in this inspiring story and helping us to create more tomorrows by beating cancer today.
Can you make a difference?
We’re looking for flexible, enthusiastic volunteers to support our events across the UK, It only takes a few hours to make a difference. Whether you are going solo, bringing along a friend or part of a group were looking for people who are:
- Engaging and will get stuck in to make sure everyone has a brilliant day!
- Willing to get their hands dirty (literally at our Pretty Muddy events but trust us, it’s great fun!)
- Team players – you’ll be joining a lovely bunch of other volunteers!
At Cancer Research UK we value diversity. We're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse volunteer community will help us to beat cancer.
Before the event
Before the event the team will contact you and give you more details about the timings of the day and how you can support us. We hold welcome calls with all the volunteers helping at the event and have an induction video for you to watch telling you more about the event and the role. here you have an opportunity to ask any questions and can discuss your availability and any issues we may need to know about.
On the day
You will meet other amazing volunteers and be briefed by our events team staff about the day and where you will be supporting us.
What will I be doing?
This is just a sneak peak of some of the ways you'll be involved and is not an exhaustive list. No matter what you do you’ll know you are making a huge difference to those taking part in our amazing events.
Setting up and packing down the event - This may include helping to set up the course and marshal stations, putting up marquees and cleaning up after the event has finished
Marshalling - Cheering and encouraging the participants along the course, handing out refreshments, checking in with the team if issues arise and supporting the event whilst on the course
Helping with enquiries - From answering queries from participants and spectators during the event, helping to process on-the-day entries, swapping t-shirts and replacing runner numbers.
What's in it for me?
Join us and volunteer at an event this year. Get outside, have fun, meet fantastic people, build your confidence and help beat cancer. Volunteering with us has a host of other benefits, including:
- Developing new and existing skills in event management.
- Play your part in contributing to a good cause
- Help support your community
- Gaining valuable experience for future roles.
- Gaining a unique insight into the world of the charity sector.
- Meeting new people and having fun.
- Travel and other reasonable expenses reimbursed, as agreed in advance with your Event Manager. Please see the Volunteering Policy.
- Helping to make our events happen and beating cancer sooner.
- And last but not least you will have a fantastic day to remember!
Our volunteering roles are open for everyone and if you have any accessibility needs or queries, please get in touch via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to apply?
We need volunteers like you to join events in your area! Sign up today and support our life-saving work, just click on the Apply Now link at the top of the page, fill out the form and we’ll be in touch.
If you have any questions about this role, please email email@example.com
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.