Event Management Volunteer – Business Beats Cancer Birmingham Board - Ongoing
Why we need you:
The Event Management Volunteer is a key role to the Birmingham Beats Cancer Committee. We have lots of ideas and inspirational people involved in the board, so we need an organised Event Manager to ensure the details are in place to deliver the event smoothly.
What will I be doing?
- Attend monthly Birmingham Business Committee Meetings where possible, writing up minutes and agendas.
- Supporting the Local Fundraising manager pre-event, such as liaising with the venue and suppliers, recruiting evening entertainment and managing the budget.
- Sourcing amazing raffle prizes and supporting the table sales leading up to the event
- Delivering the volunteer briefing and managing volunteers on the night, as well as supporting the auction and raffle.
- Ensuring guests have a high-quality, informed evening and provide additional help when needed
- Post-event support such as collating photos, thanking attendees, feedback surveys
What skills do I need?
In terms of personal qualities, we are seeking to recruit a confident, organised individual who are willing to commit time to see this event through from beginning to end. You will need to be ambitious, tenacious and not afraid to make ‘the ask’. You should also be approachable, flexible and able to work as part of a team, as that will be key to the board’s success.
What support will we give you?
You will work closely with your Local Fundraising Manager, who will support you to develop the skills you need for future opportunities in Event Management and in the Third Sector.
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills in Event Management
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- A unique insight into the world of Birmingham and the charity sector
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
Where will I be based?
This is a home-based role in Birmingham, however part of your role will include attending board monthly meetings in the local area and attending the Event on Thursday 6th February 2020.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.