Driver Volunteer - Shine Night Walk - London - 23rd September 2023
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
On Saturday 23rd September, 10,000 walkers will be walking 10k, half or a full marathon to raise over an incredible £2 million for Cancer Research UK – but they need you to help them achieve their marathon challenge!
Having the amazing support and endless enthusiasm of some friendly faces truly makes Shine an unforgettable experience. Join the Shine Volunteer Team and help us to beat cancer.
What will I be doing?
You’ll be taking on one of three vehicle responsibilities all crucial to the coordination of Shine;
- Welfare Vehicle; look after your fellow volunteers by enabling those out on the course route to have a rest and the chance to refuel.
- Medical Minibus; be on hand to support struggling walkers who need somewhere to sit and get warm before they carry on.
- Bag Drop Vehicle; help load and deliver walkers' valuables between the start and finish venues.
You’ll need to be aged 21 or over, have a clean, valid driving license, and ideally be confident driving in London as well as driving large vehicles. No special training is required.
‘I felt I was contributing to a great cause, supporting great people who were participating and feeling being part of a great moment in London’
Richard, Driver Volunteer
What benefits can I expect?
- A unique and rewarding Saturday night out exploring the iconic sights of London in a completely different light
- Cancer is happening right now, join in the satisfaction of knowing that you are making a valuable contribution to life saving research being carried out as we speak.
- Experience of supporting one of the UK’s leading charities for one of their biggest annual fundraisers
- The chance to meet new people and make new friends.
- Learn some great new skills and develop your confidence to support personal and career development
What support will we give you?
We’ll be with you every step of the way sending monthly updates and exclusives in the lead up to the event. Three weeks before the event, we’ll confirm all the details with you along with contact details so you can get in touch if you have any questions.
At the event you’ll receive a Volunteer High Vis Bib, snack pack and any other kit that you might need to carry out your role. Your volunteer manager will give you a briefing and be there to offer any support throughout your time with us.
Any time over the weekend of Saturday 23rd - Sunday 24th September that you can spare will be invaluable to support staff and thousands of walkers.
How do I sign up?
Complete our online application form and select the relevant role title on the application form.
Volunteers are the life and soul of our events. Can you imagine an event without a course, without medals and without cheering? Volunteer right now, make someone smile, and let's beat cancer together.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.