Cycling Fundraising Group Member- London
Apply right now!
Do you love cycling? Cancer Research UK are looking for individuals who want to combine their love for the sport with the rewards of fundraising, by helping to organise cycling challenges and competitions. The goal is raising money for our vital research, which impacts upon the lives of so many here in the UK. If you are a driven, creative and organised person keen to share your passion with others, we want to work with you!
Why we need you:
1 in 2 people in the UK will get cancer in their lifetime: it could be you, your parents, your child. Thanks to vital research, the odds of surviving a cancer diagnosis is improving with each day but this progress won’t continue without people like you. You can make a huge impact by raising awareness and funds for Cancer Research UK through delivering a range of fundraising events for the bike-lovers of London.
What will I be doing?
You will be working in a dedicated team of likeminded cyclists, empowering others to get involved in all disciplines of the sport and raising money for CRUK’s cause. As a group, you will plan fundraising events such as cycling competitions, challenge rides, and mass participation cycles for people of all abilities – plus anything else you can think of! We need your fresh ideas, energy and expertise to drive this initiative forward.
What attributes do I need?
- A passion for Cancer Research UK’s work
- An ability to commit to a goal and see it through to the end
- A passion for adventure
- A firm grasp of the benefits and challenges of cycling
- Enthusiasm and creativity!
- Experience in organising or participating in sports events – although this is not essential
What support will we give you?
- Bespoke fundraising ideas to suit you and your team
- A Local Fundraising Manager to support you with your event ideas
- Connections with other CRUK supporters
- Advice on how to reach out to your networks for support
- Branded materials for your fundraising
- Press release and social media templates and guidance
- Bespoke information on our research and progress
- A chance to meet our scientists
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills such as event planning, marketing, and networking.
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to the lives of those who are affected by cancer.
- A chance to meet new people passionate about cycling
- Organising events you’ve always dreamed of participating in
- Raising awareness of the health benefits of cycling
We are looking to run the project for a year initially. In terms of time commitment, we can flex to meet individual commitments and circumstances. The more time you can devote to the project the more beneficial, but every contribution will help.
Where will I be based?
This role is extremely flexible and can be home based. Team meetings will be held in a central location best suited to everyone in the group.
How do I apply?
Please fill in our short online application form. Please be aware, you must be over 18 to apply to volunteer for this role. If you have any questions, please contact Hannah Preston via firstname.lastname@example.org or 07810757408.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.