Creating your own Challenge Event- London
Apply right now!
Do you have a burning idea that you want to turn into a group challenge?!
Cancer Research UK can help you develop this idea and support and guide you with planning your challenge and reaching your fundraising target.
If you are driven and motivated to plan and deliver your own successful challenge event in order to raise funds for Cancer Research UK, then get in touch! This could be an individual challenge or a group challenge with friends. Anything from cycling to running, to climbing mountains… We can meet with you in person and help you to make your idea a reality.
Chloe applied to this advertisement, and we’ve worked closely with Chloe to support her and will continue to do so throughout her planning and challenge completion. Chloe is going to be climbing 8 mountain peaks across Wales, England and Scotland over 3 days, with 12 friends. She has created a strong team with some friends taking on the driving, some managing the cooking and some climbing with Chloe. She is very excited about her upcoming challenge.
Chloe said ‘“I had always wanted to attempt a never before done challenge and once I saw the CRUK ad, I knew I had to apply. I have lost family and friends to cancer and I wanted to see what I could do to support such a great cause. Conquering 8 mountains in 3 days seemed like such a huge challenge, but the CRUK fundraising team have been fantastic at supporting me through all the planning. They have really made me feel a part of something wonderful and I can’t wait to climb those mountains and do them proud!”
What support will I receive from Cancer Research UK?
- You will be allocated a Local Fundraising Manager to support you
- Connections with other CRUK supporters
- How to reach out to your networks for support
- Social media guidance
- Bespoke fundraising ideas to suit you
- Branded materials for your fundraising
- Press release templates and guidance
- Bespoke information on our science
- A chance to meet our scientists
Why we need you:
You can make a real impact raising funds and awarenss for Cancer Research UK. You will receive the right level of support and meet others setting similar challenges. You’ll be part of a support network who will make each others’ journeys more powerful by sharing ideas and challenges to help each other maximise on success. Every moment you spare helps bring in more money to help beat cancer sooner. We need your fresh ideas, energy and the ability to drive this initiative forward with other like minded individuals.
What attributes should I have?
- A passion for Cancer Research UK’s work
- An ability to commit to a goal and see it through to the end
- A passion for adventure
- Ideally experience in organising or participating in challenge or extreme sports events
- Enthusiam and creativity!
- The drive to raise funds to beat cancer sooner
- You should be based in London or the suburbs
What benefits can I expect?
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
How do I find out more?
Please fill in our online application form. If you have any questions, please get in touch by contacting our Senior Local Fundraising Mangager in London - Claire Cullen on 07918 166 172 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.