Be a High Street hero
Start your volunteering now!
Please complete our short form below to register your interest in this opportunity.
What will I be doing?
Make a day of volunteering at a Cancer Research UK shop near you! After a welcome briefing, introducing you to CRUK and the shop, you’ll get hands-on with the day to day running of the shop. You’ll work with the shop manager and volunteer team to prepare donated items for sale, restock the shop floor and interact with our supporters.
We have over 500 shops around the country so there are plenty of locations where you can get involved. Please take a look here to see if there are shops local to you.
Why should I sign up?
- You'll get to see how much work goes into running a charity shop and the ongoing challenge of keeping up with the competition on the high street.
- It's a great opportunity to meet people in the local community and to get to know your colleagues better.
- In the CRUK Superstores you can work together as part of a team.
- Help to prepare 100 items for sale and that could be worth up to £300 to the charity.
- Make an invaluable contribution to Cancer Research UK’s goal of helping 3 in 4 people surviving cancer by 2034.
How much time will it take?
Our shops are open 9am – 5:30pm. We would need to you to volunteer for at least half of the day, but hope you’d want to join us all day! You can also individually volunteer in our shops on a regular basis.
When can I volunteer?
Volunteering opportunities are available weekdays on request and at the shop’s discretion. We'll need at least 3 weeks’ notice of when you hope to volunteer.
Who will I be volunteering with?
You can volunteer individually or as a pair. If you are looking to volunteer in a larger group (max. 5), one of our Superstore locations would welcome your team’s support.
How do I sign up?
Please complete our short form to register your interest in this opportunity. Your details will then be passed on to the local Retail Area Manager and they’ll get in touch to help arrange your request.