Committee Members - Relay For Life Falmouth
Apply right now!
Why we need you
Relay For Life is an overnight community event that celebrates cancer survivors, remembers those lost and rallies everyone to fight back so we can bring forward the day when all cancers are cured.
Each Relay is a community-led, non-athletic event where teams set up camp and take it in turns to walk around a track for up to 24 hours to signify that ‘cancer never sleeps’.
What will you be doing?
We need your passion and skills as part of a committee that will plan, organise and promote Relay For Life Falmouth, helping to unite your community in the fight against cancer. Alongside the specific Relay For Life Falmouth Chairs, there is the opportunity to be a General Committee Member. In this role you will:
- Support our existing chairs in their roles
- Increase cancer awareness in your local community
- Promote and publicise Relay For Life
- Organise entertainment and activities for the event
- Coordinate inspirational talks and presentations to bring the work of Cancer Research UK to your local community
The type of person we are looking for
Are you a team player with good communication skills, well networked with a local knowledge of your community? Do you love to socialise and meet people from all different backgrounds? We’re looking for organised, self motivated people who have the ability to delegate and a genuine passion and enthusiasm for fundraising and the work of Cancer Research UK.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- Wider support via the Relay For Life network across the rest of the UK
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be part of a huge, fun and inspiring event
- Development and support on your event management and leadership skills
How much time do you need to commit?
The time commitment you’ll give will depend on the role you choose. This is something to discuss with your Local Fundraising Manager and we will help you find the best way to help beat cancer sooner.
Please fill in our short online application form. If you have any questions, please contact Hannah Preston on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07810 757408.
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.