Committee Member - Relay for Life Chelmsford
Apply Right Now!
Why we need you
“Cancer never sleeps, and neither do we’”
Relay for Life is a year-round fundraising challenge bringing communities together to beat cancer.
Teams of friends and family within the community fundraise for living-saving research, then join a 24-hour celebration showing that together, we are stronger than cancer.
What will you be doing?
You will be part of a committee of volunteers working together to:
- Raise awareness of Relay for Life in Chelmsford
- Encourage Chelmsford residents, including businesses and organisations, to enter teams and to fundraise ahead of the celebration event
- Plan and deliver the 24-hour celebration
The type of person we are looking for
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person with an interest in the work of Cancer Research UK. You will help to create a network of teams in the community who are inspired to take part in Relay for Life Chelmsford year after year. You will have a positive approach and be comfortable approaching groups and individuals to explain Relay and how to get involved. A forward thinker who is both adaptive and reactive.
What you can expect from Cancer Research UK
- An induction and ongoing support and guidance from your Local Fundraising Manager as well as fellow volunteers
- Advice on how to set up and promote a variety of fundraising events
- Wider support via the Relay For Life network across the rest of the UK
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
What benefits can you get from this role?
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be part of a huge, fun and inspiring event
- Development and support on your event management and leadership skills
How much time do you need to commit?
Planning for the Relay for Life event begins around 9 months in advance. We expect you will attend all Relay for Life meetings with your fellow committee members. These meetings are held monthly, but as the Relay gets closer these may become weekly.
Please fill in our online application form. If you have any questions or would like to know more, please contact Jess Allchin your Local Fundraising Manager via Jessica.Allchin@cancer.org.uk or 07824 538005
Join us today and together we will beat cancer sooner.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.