Committee Chair - Cardiff
Apply for this role
Why we need you
Are you ready to take on the exciting role of leading a new fundraising group in the Cardiff area? If you’re prepared to lead a team like no other, then Cancer Research UK wants you. You will play a vital role in managing the day to day running of your local fundraising group.
With the support of your team and the Local Fundraising Manager you will generate lifesaving funds that will go towards achieving Cancer Research UK's ambition - accelerating progress so at least three-quarters of people survive cancer by 2034.
What will you be doing
As Chair of the committee you will:
- Co-ordinate your groups’ fundraising and awareness activities in your local area
- Help to recruit and attract new members for the committee
- Lead committee meetings and encourage discussions whilst fairly delegating tasks
- Represent Cancer Research UK and the group in your local community and promote awareness
- Motivate and support other members of the group in their activities ensuring all members contribute fairly.
What type of person we're looking for
We are looking for a team player with good communication skills, well networked with a local knowledge of your community. Do you love to socialise and meet people from all different backgrounds? We’re looking for organised, self motivated people who have the ability to delegate and a genuine passion and enthusiasm for fundraising and the work of Cancer Research UK.
What support we will give you
- You will receive a full induction on all aspects of this role. All appropriate materials will be supplied by Cancer Research UK.
- A dedicated Local Fundraising Manager will be available to give you continuous support and advice. Other group leaders, as well as your fellow group members, will be able to support you.
- We will reimburse agreed out of pocket expenses
At Cancer Research UK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We will consider making any reasonable adjustments to support volunteer applications from people with a disability or health condition. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that volunteers from diverse backgrounds will help us to beat cancer.
What's in it for you
- Meet like-minded people who are working together to raise money for Cancer Research UK
- Know you are helping Cancer Research UK bring forward the day when all cancers are cured
- Be involved in a wide range of exciting fundraising activities and events
- Development and support of new and existing skills
- Inspire Cardiff’s communities and bring people together
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
Welcome to Volunteering booklet
We want you to get the most out of volunteering with us and feel supported. The Welcome to Volunteering booklet will give you an overview of everything you need to know about your time with us.