Choir Leader for The Big Choir - London
Apply Right Now!
Why we need you:
The Big Choir was set up in Barnet, Hertfordshire, in 2016 and now has over 100 loyal members who make a generous donation each week to attend a rehearsal. The Big Choir have developed into an excellent local Choir who now get booked up months in advance at local events!
We are looking for a Choir Leader to support in setting up another Choir in the London area. The more groups we have, the more is raised, which means more research can be funded to beat cancer sooner.
What skills and attributes do I need to have?
- The ability to lead a group of dedicated singers to beat cancer sooner.
- Lots of enthusiasm.
- Reliable and flexible.
- Confident with good interpersonal skills.
What will I be doing?
- Leading a Choir Rehearsal once a week during term time.
- The Big Choir are regularly booked at local events so some additional evening and weekend work will be required.
- Training a group of mixed ability singers.
What support will I be given?
- You will receive a thorough induction from founder of The Big Choir.
- You are welcome to attend other existing Choir rehearsals to meet other Choir leaders and Choir members.
- You will be provided with all equipment needed in order to run the rehearsal.
What benefits can I expect?
- The satisfaction of making a vital difference to the life-saving work of Cancer Research UK and helping us to beat cancer sooner.
- For anyone looking to gain experience in the musical or charity sector, this is a great way to get an insight as to what’s involved.
- Meet new people and help us to ensure our inspirational singers have the best rehearsals possible.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.