Cancer Choir Volunteer Leader - Sussex
Apply right now!
Why we need you:
We anticipate uptake for our Cancer Choir will be big, but we need a positive, dedicated leader at the helm to help form this new, exciting group and deliver weekly singing sessions. No previous experience necessary, just commitment, enthusiasm and ability to lead with confidence.
What will I be doing?
- Promoting the local Cancer Choir group locally amongst networks and local advertising/media channels
- Organising venue booking and payment
- Scheduling a range of music, songs across different genres to insire and enthuse participants.
- Organise refreshments and drinks for the evening (with Cancer Choir Volunteers)
If you are interested in being a vital part of this new exciting group, please get in touch.
What skills do I need?
You will have one evening a week free to dedicate to running the Cancer Choir.
You will be confident to draw on personal connections to help promote Cancer Choir and seek support and volunteer help when needed to share the workload.
Be an enthusiastic singer, able to put together ideas for songs and provide backing music.
A passion for helping us beat cancer sooner
What support will we give you?
Volunteer materials including items to decorate and dress each session, branded clothing, support with securing a venue and recruiting volunteers and choir members.
Social media support and a dedicated Local Fundraising Manager to support you in your role.
What benefits can I expect?
A clear list of what the volunteer will gain from the experience. For example:
- The opportunity to develop new and existing skills
- A chance to meet new people
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a valuable contribution to Cancer Research UK
- Travel and other expenses, as agreed
- A unique insight into the world of Cancer Research UK and the charity sector
Where will I be based?
This role is home based, with choir sessons held in your local community space such as a church or village hall, sports centre or local school.
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.