Bark for Life Volunteer - Nottinghamshire
A fun, one day volunteering opportunity to support a local sponsored dog walk which is raising money for Cancer Research UK. If you like dogs then this is the volunteering role for you.
What you will be doing
Inspire, cheer and motivate participants by covering one of the marshal points on the 5km course. This crucial role ensures the event runs smoothly and participants feel motivated. This role is perfect for team players with great communication skills who can use their initiative when dealing with anything that may occur on the course.
- Direct walkers and ensure they stick to the appropriate route
- Inform event organiser and First Aider of any incidents or accidents
- Encourage walkers along the route and offer support if required
- Help display route signage if required
Your commitment and location
This is a great one day volunteering opportunity marshalling at a local sponsored dog walk. This role is crucial to the safety and success of this event and we are looking for keen individuals, who like dogs, to support this wonderful event.
This role is based at Rushcliffe Country Park, Mere Way, Ruddington, Nottinghamshire, NG11 6JS
What kind of person we are looking for
We’re on the lookout for individuals who are:
- Willing to 'get stuck in'
- Team players
- Not afraid to get their hands dirty (volunteering with these dogs may mean literally getting your hands dirty, but its all good fun!)
What’s in it for you
Volunteering with Cancer Research UK has a host of benefits, including:
- Developing new and existing skills
- Gaining valuable experience for future roles
- Meeting new people
- Having fun!
- Putting your experience and knowledge to good use, for a great cause
- A unique insight into the world of the charity sector
- Travel and other reasonable expenses reimbursed, as agreed in advance by your manager
What support will we give you?
A member of staff will contact you before the event to discuss the role and any queries you have. You will also receive an email explaining what will happen on the day with instructions and a full explanation of your role.
On the day you will be briefed by one of our event team staff when you arrive so that you know exactly what you'll be doing. You'll then be supported and guided by them throughout the event, as well as the Event Manager.
We'll also provide light refreshments, breaks and a great atmosphere which you'll be sure to love!
Ready to apply?
If you'd like to join our network of dog lovers making a stand against Cancer or to find out more contact Rebecca Elphick on 07771 945 726 or email Rebecca.email@example.com
Why we need you
Every step we make towards beating cancer relies on every pound, every hour and every person. We need you to help us by volunteering. Play a part in this inspiring story and volunteer. Help us to create more tomorrows.
We are committed to giving you the best experience possible and believe that the volunteer relationship is one of honour, trust and mutual understanding.