Top 10 tips for taking on the challenge
1) MAKE IT FIT YOUR CURRENT SCHEDULE: Already exercise some days in the week? Great work – keep it up and tell people that you’re now exercising every day of the week to raise money for Cancer Research UK!
2) WATCH ONLINE TUTORIALS: There are plenty of free exercise videos online. Why not try Yoga or Pilates for the first time?
3) USE HOUSEHOLD CHORES: Cleaning the house or gardening can be a great form of exercise. An average person will burn 157 calories from an hour of ironing alone.
4) GET YOUR FRIENDS INVOLVED: Let your friends know how you'll be exercising each day. Swap recommendations and share any great exercises you find!
5) MIX IT UP: You don't have to stick to the same exercise for the whole month. Try something new that'll be a challenge and use different muscles.
6) PLAN YOUR DAY: Whether you prefer morning workouts or evening. Schedule a set time for your exercise, to help keep you focused.
7) TAKE REST DAYS: Make sure not to go all out every day! Your body needs time to recover. You can still sweat after a brisk walk or other forms of lighter exercise.
8) STAY HYDRATED: Sweating is your body’s way of not getting too hot when you exercise. It's important to stay well hydrated and replenish the water that your body's lost when exercising.
9) MOST IMPORTANTLY... HAVE FUN! Take a selfie to show your sponsors how you exercised throughout the month, try something new… maybe you’ll keep it up after your challenge month!
Sign up to the Exercise Challenge
Exercise every day for a month to raise money for life-saving research.