You don’t need to hit the gym to get your daily exercise in, there are plenty of free fitness apps and online tutorials for exercising at home. Use our ideas below to motivate your home works-outs:
1) Yoga – A great way to de-stress aswell as stretch and tone-up muscles.
2) Master a skipping rope routine – There are plenty of jump rope work out tutorials for beginners online. Click here to get you started.
3) Wall sits – Find a wall with a big enough space for you to lean on. Sit against the wall like you would in a chair with your legs at 90 degrees, and hold. Give it time and you'll soon feel the burn!
4) Online fitness videos – Whether you want Pilates tutorial or a high-intensity aerobic class, YouTube has plenty to offer!
5) Create an indoor circuit class – Turn your home into your own gym. Set up stations for press-ups, sit-ups, burpees and skipping, and rotate around each one for set times.
6) Weights – Use kettlebells or dumbbells to help tone muscles. If you don’t have these, you can always follow this video with soup tins or filled water bottles instead!
7) Chair tricep dips – Sit on the edge of a chair holding onto the front with your hands. Place your feet out in front of you (bent legs for easier option or straight legs to make it harder) and lower your elbows to a 90-degree angle before pushing back up.
8) Dancing – Aerobic dance can burn upwards of 443 calories per hour. Why not learn a new dance routine to your favourite song?
9) Table top press ups – Incline press ups can be done anywhere around the home - on a table, a bed, a chair or even a wall. To use a table, place your hands on the table with your legs stretched out behind you, body nice and straight. Lower your weight down keeping your elbows tight to your body, and press back up.
10) Hula hoop – Burn calories and tone muscles by using a weighted hula hoop which you buy online. You can even do it whilst watching TV!
11) Try out a Youtube Pilates tutorial – There are plenty of great tutorials online and Pilates is just one of many ways to increase your flexibility and tone muscles.
12) Take on your favourite celeb fitness DVD – Use your celeb fitness idol as motivation for your daily exercise.
13) Walk 10,000 steps – Hit your daily step count by using the stairs, taking a lunchtime walk or even completing house hold chores.
14) Milk bottle Russian twists – Sit on the floor holding a milk bottle (or any bottle with liquid in). Lean back with a straight back and engage your core. Rotate your torso and try to touch the floor each side with the milk bottle. Make it harder by lifting your feet off the floor.
15) Jumping jacks – If you are watching a TV show, get up during the commercials and do a round of jumping jacks, they’re a great cardio workout.