Relay at home
We want to support you to Relay your way so we’ve created a number of Relay related activities that you can use to create your own Relay at home!
They’re designed to get your community thinking about Relay, are easy to organise and can be done safely from home. The activities are not necessarily fundraisers, but they could be adapted and used in this way if you’d like.
The activities range in ‘effort levels’ so there’s something for everyone, whether it’s that seasoned Relayer who may want to commit to a full weekend or someone who’s new to Relay and is keen to do a smaller activity with their family.
How does it work?
Pick and choose which activities are best for your Relay community. You can combine these activities with ideas of your own.
Hold your activities over one weekend or spread them out over a few weeks, it’s really up to you.
Once you’ve decided on the activities and date, here are some tips for engaging your Relayers:
- Share your plans as soon as you can through social media, email and any other methods you use to communicate. We’ve created some handy graphics below to help.
- Increase the excitement in the lead up to the event – reveal parts of the programme, guest speakers and any activities that require some prep beforehand.
- Throughout the activity, ask Relayers to share what they’re doing on social media to help generate more awareness of Relay with family and friends.
- Interact with your Relayers as much as possible. Like, comment and share their posts and do shout out’s throughout.
- Wrap up by recapping the special moments that made the event.
If you have any questions or would like support, please contact your Local Fundraising Manager.
Please keep safe and make sure to follow government advice and guidelines relating to the coronavirus which may be in place at the time of your activity. You can read the government advice on the links below: