Cycle 200 Terms and Conditions
By registering for Cycle 200, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions governing the award of the prize to the top five fundraisers (“The Competition”). The promoter of The Competition is Cancer Research UK, Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD (the “Promoter”).
1. The Competition is open to UK residents aged 18 or over who have registered for Cycle 200 or Cycle 300, except employees of the Promoter and its subsidiary companies, together with their immediate family members and/or personal partners.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to request evidence of eligibility, including the identity and age of any entrant.
3. Please email email@example.com by 23.59 on 30 October 2019 if you do not wish to be entered into The Competition.
4. Unless you have opted out, you will be automatically entered into The Competition when you register for Cycle 200 or Cycle 300.
5. You must ensure that all fundraising monies and donations you collect are deposited into your Cancer Research UK Giving Page established as part of the registration process by 23.59 on 31 October 2019 (the “Closing Date”).
6. The funds deposited into your online Cancer Research UK Giving Page by the Closing Date will make up your fundraising total (the “Fundraising Total”).
7. For the avoidance of doubt, any fundraising monies or donations deposited after the Closing Date will not be counted towards your Fundraising Total.
9. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for incorrect or incomplete personal details provided at registration and the Promoter shall also not be liable for issues of any kind which may prevent, restrict or delay the depositing of funds raised in association with Cycle 200 or Cycle 300, including (but not limited to) technical faults such as network, computer, hardware or software failures.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of Cycle 200 or Cycle 300.
11. A Cancer Research UK branded Kalas jersey will be awarded to each of the five winners (https://www.kalas.co.uk/det/cycling-jersey-pro-cancer-research-men?q=Cancer+Research&lang=EN) (the “Prize”).
12. The Prize is provided by Kalas Sportswear. The provision of the Prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of Kalas Sportswear and any complaints about the Prize should be directed to Kalas Sportswear (at Kalas Wear Ltd, Suite 2, Somerton House, Broad Street, Somerton, Somerset TA11 7ND).
13. Each winner is personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the Prize.
16. The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. In the event of circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for similar prizes of equal or greater value or, at its sole discretion, the cash value of the Prize.
17. By participating, entrants agree that the Prize is awarded on an “as is” basis and that the Promoter makes no representations or gives no warranties of any nature in relation to the Prize.
18. Insofar as permitted by law, the Promoter will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or accept any liability for loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of using and/or taking up (or failing to use and/or take up) the Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter or its employees.
19. The Promoter will review the Cancer Research UK Giving Pages of all individuals participating in Cycle 200 and Cycle 300 and the five individuals with the top five Fundraising Totals on the Closing Date will win The Competition. (For the avoidance of doubt, there will be five Prizes in total, not five prizes for each of Cycle 200 and Cycle 300.)
20. The winners will be notified within 5 days of the Closing Date via the details provided as part of the registration process for Cycle 200 or Cycle 300. The Promoter will request sizing requirements and a delivery address for the Prize from each winner and the prize will be delivered within 30 days of the Closing Date.
21. If a winner does not respond to communications within 5 days of notification, the Prize will be forfeited and the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to the participant with the next highest Fundraising Total. The Promoter’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to (i) cancel or suspend The Competition; (ii) cancel or refuse any entry and (iii) amend these Terms and Conditions (and will use reasonable endeavours to notify changes to participants).
24. Any personal data received from entrants will only be used and/or shared with third parties where necessary for the proper purposes of The Competition and in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement at http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/terms-and-conditions/privacy-statement.
25. The winners of The Competition agree: (i) that the Promoter may request the express written consent of winners to use their surnames, image and county of residence to announce the winners of The Competition as set out below, and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes; and (ii) to participate in such promotional activity and material as the Promoter may require. For the avoidance of doubt, neither entry into The Competition nor the likelihood of someone being a winner are conditional upon consent being given to the terms of this clause.
26. Where the winner has given their consent as set out above, the surname and county of the winners will be available for one month after the Closing Date to anyone who sends an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
26. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and entrants agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of or in connection with them.
27. If you have any queries please contact email@example.com.