We've teamed up with the experts to give you the very best training support and advice for your event.
2023 Race to the Stones
Get a charity place
100km: Get a Charity place for either £40 (Ultra Entry) or £60 (Weekender Entry) when you pledge to fundraise at least £500 to help beat Cancer.
50km: Get a Charity place for £30 when you pledge to fundraise at least £300 to help beat Cancer.
Got a place already?
Request a sponsorship pack and join our team.
Help out on the day
Explore stunning countryside passes as you follow Britain’s oldest path at the Race to the Stones.
Have you got what it takes to conquer the oldest path in Britain? The Ridgeway has endured 5,000 years. You just have to last 100km.
Find out for yourself what draws 3,000 people from around the world each year to follow in the
footsteps of Romans, Vikings and mythical warriors in their quest to reach the ancient stone circle at Avebury.
Threshold Sports believe in opening up Ultras for All and from sign up to the finish line, they will
support you every step of the way along this incredible journey! With a completion rate of over 90% this is the perfect 1st ultra.
This is a challenge for all ages, experience and fitness levels. Whether you’re a seasoned runner,
patient plodder or weekend walker – choose to camp over the weekend, take on 100km in one go, or 50km in one day. Grit and determination will get you to the finish and secure those memories to last a life-time.
• Training programme tailored to all levels
• Fully signposted trails for navigation in day & night conditions
• Routes through heritage sites, AONBs and along National Trails
• Fully stocked pit stops including cereal bars, chocolate, sweets, fresh fruit, crisps, sandwiches and more
• Hot meals, showers, drinks and sports nutrition
• Bag transport to the finish
• Qualified medical personnel at all pit-stops & medical clinics at basecamp & finish points
• Finisher’s medal
• Individual chip timing throughout the event
Check out the official event video here
Join team Cancer Research UK for the UK’s biggest Ultra and help beat cancer sooner.
Support for you
Training plans and advice
Set up a Cancer Research UK Giving page
Using one of our fundraising pages is quick, easy and free. And it means that more of the money you raise online goes towards beating cancer sooner.
Practical fundraising help
Get practical advice and useful tools such as planners and posters, to help you start fundraising.