#WillItGrill Video Competition 2014 Terms & Conditions
© Cancer Research UK 2014. All rights reserved.
1. This Competition is open to UK residents only aged 18 or over except employees of the Promoter and anyone directly connected with the Competition, together with their immediate family members and/or personal partners. The Promoter reserves the right to request evidence of the identity and age of any entrant.
2. The Competition opens at 9am on Wednesday 18 June 2014 and closes at 11.59pm on Sunday 06 July 2014 (the “Competition Period”). Only those entries received by the Promoter in accordance with the process set out below during the Competition Period will be eligible to be entered into the Competition.
3. How to enter:
(i) Entrants must upload their video showing the unusual food item(s) they have barbequed to Instagram adding the caption #willitgrill or to Vine using the hashtag #willitgrill. If entering via Vine, entrants must have a public Twitter account and select the Twitter share option when uploading their video. Entrants will then receive a notification in the form of a comment under their Instagram post or a tweet (if they used Vine to upload their video) asking them to complete their personal details and giving them instructions about how to submit their entry. Entrants must follow these instructions to be entered into the Competition; videos submitted by other means will not be accepted.
(ii) Subject to moderation, all videos will be available for public viewing on the WillItGrill section of the Cancer Research UK BBQ webpage (the “WillItGrill Page”) from up to 36 hours after they were submitted.
(iii) All videos, explanations and descriptions will be moderated prior to inclusion in the WillItGrill Page which can take up to 36 hours. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries which it determines in its absolute discretion to be racist, sexist, offensive, obscene, defamatory, abusive, insensitive, hateful, upsetting, illegal or otherwise inappropriate in any way, or otherwise breaches these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to remove any entries from the WillItGrill Page in its sole discretion.
(iv) Entrants may enter as many videos as they wish, but multiple retweets of an entry (if entering via Vine) will not count as multiple entries to the Competition. Entrants may only win one prize per person, irrespective of the number of entries submitted.
4. All eligible entries will be available via http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/bbq/willitgrill to enable the public to view and vote for their favourite video. The public will have the opportunity to critically evaluate all entries submitted and vote either via Twitter by retweeting an entry and/or via Facebook by ‘liking’ an entry. The public may vote a maximum of once per video on each of Twitter and Facebook during the Competition Period. Subsequent votes in excess of the stated maximum by a single person will be disqualified. Participants are prohibited from seeking to obtain votes by any fraudulent, deceptive or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, offering prizes or other inducements to members of the public, as determined by Cancer Research UK in its sole discretion. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant suspected of rigging, manipulating and/or incentivising the voting process. Use of script, macro or any automated system to vote or with the intent to impair the integrity of the voting process associated with the Promotion is also prohibited and votes placed (or which appear to have been placed) using any such system may be treated as void.
5. At the end of the Competition Period, Cancer Research UK shall review the results of the public vote and shall select the winners based on the number of public votes their entry has received. The first prize will be awarded to the video with the most votes, the second prize to the video with the second most votes and so on. In the event of a tie, all tied entries will be judged by an independent judge selected by Cancer Research UK who will break the tie based on a number of criteria including originality, suitability and visual appeal.
6. The winners will be contacted by email within ten days of the end of the Competition Period and their surname, home county and winning video will be displayed on the WillItGrill Page until 06 August 2014. If the winner has not responded within 14 days of the Promoter’s first email contact the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
7. There are a total of 23 prizes. The first prize is a Weber Q2000 barbecue, the second prize is a Weber Q1000 barbecue, and the third prize is a Weber One Touch Original 47cm barbecue and Chimney Starter. Twenty runners up will receive Feel Good Drinks goodie bags consisting of flip flops, sunglasses, a four pack of Feel Good juice drinks and a Feel Good Drinks tote bag.
8. The prizes are subject to any terms and conditions of the manufacturer, supplier and/or prize providers. By participating, entrants agree that the prizes are awarded on an “as is” basis and that the Promoter makes no representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prizes.
9. No cash or other alternative to the prizes is available and they are non-exchangeable and non-transferable but in the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize for a similar prize of equal or greater value.
10. At the Promoter’s sole discretion, any entry into the Competition may be used by the Promoter for promotional or marketing purposes and by entering the Competition, entrants hereby grant the Promoter an exclusive, sub-licensable worldwide licence in all copyright and other intellectual property in or arising out of their entry to the Competition, for the full duration of such rights, to use, publish, distribute, broadcast, display, make available, copy and modify the entry in all media whether existing or hereinafter devised, in particular all digital and online media, printed media and/or social media for such marketing and promotional purposes. Entrants also hereby agree to irrevocably and unconditionally waive any and all moral and similar rights vesting in their entry to the Competition and to undertake to execute all such documents and do such further acts as are reasonably required by the Promoter to perfect the licence of all rights and interests referred to in these Terms and Conditions to the Promoter. Entrants hereby represent and warrant that they have all rights necessary to grant the rights provided for in this paragraph and that all materials forming part of their entry to the Competition, and any use of such materials by or on behalf of the Promoter, comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and do not infringe or otherwise violate the intellectual property or other rights of any third party.
11. Entrants also represent and warrant that they have obtained all rights, licences, and permissions necessary, in writing, from any person who may have helped create and/or be featured in their entry and that their entry to the Competition fully complies with these Terms and Conditions and: (i) is their original work and does not include the work of a third party, or if it does include such work that they have obtained all rights, licences, and permissions necessary, in writing; (ii) has not previously been submitted in any other promotion or competition and has not won an award or prize of any kind; (iii) does not contain any use of the names, likenesses, photographs, videos or other identifying elements, in whole or in part, of any person, living or dead without permission (proof of which must be provided to the Promoter upon request); (iv) does not include trade marks, logos, or copyright protected material which belongs to the Promoter or other third parties without permission (including, but not limited to, company names photographs, works of art, or images published on or in websites, television, movies, or other media); (v) is not subject to any third party agreements and the Promoter will not be required to pay or incur any sums to any person or entity as a result of its use (as set out in these Terms and Conditions) or the exploitation of the idea; (vi) does not defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks or any other content which could adversely affect the name, reputation or goodwill of the Promoter (the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of the Promoter); (vii) does not contain content which promotes violence or harm to another living creature or any other offensive, obscene or inappropriate content (the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of the Promoter); (viii) does not include threats of any kind or anything that may intimidate, harass or bully anyone, or invade the privacy of any person (the determination of which shall remain in the sole discretion of the Promoter).
13. By participating in this Competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (which may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter), any terms and conditions imposed by Facebook, Twitter, Pitch’d, and any other social media or other platforms used by the Promoter from time to time and by the Promoter’s decisions, which are final in all matters relating to these Terms and Conditions and the Competition and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
14. Entries must be made directly by the person entering the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse any entry, disqualify a winner/entrant and/or require return of the prize if it reasonably believes that there has been a breach of and/or the winner’s/entrant’s conduct is contrary to these Terms and Conditions, or the winner/entrants’ conduct and/or entry does not conform to the spirit of the Competition.
15. Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from entrants' entry into the Competition or their acceptance and/or use of the prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries which are lost, corrupted, damaged, not received or delayed or which cannot be sent due to technical errors, network, computer hardware, system or software failures and/or interruptions of service, or for any other reason. Proof of uploading a video will not be accepted as proof of receipt by the Promoter. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
16. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for incomplete personal details provided by an entrant. Incomplete entries or those not complying with these Terms and Conditions will not be valid.
17. By entering this Competition, you agree to the use of your name, home town, and/or video or other likeness for publicity purposes on social media channels, websites and in any other media.
18. Any participation instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions and must be complied with for videos to be eligible to be entered into the Competition.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Competition in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the Competition is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of a virus, a computer bug or unauthorized human intervention or any other cause that is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter which could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the Competition. The Promoter is not responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of any supplier selected by the Promoter to provide the prize or otherwise that may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of the prize in transit to the winner.
20. By entering this Competition, entrants acknowledge that it is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook and agree to release Facebook from any liability in relation to the Competition or its administration.
21. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and entrants agree to irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute arising out of or in connection with them.
Promoter: Cancer Research UK of Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.