Keep updated with Grand Challenge by signing up to the newsletter.
How to apply
The call will open again in June 2017 with a revised set of challenges
Grand Challenge allows teams of researchers from around the world to come together to solve some of the toughest challenges in cancer. The size of the award allows teams to be ambitious and create new collaborations that would otherwise not be possible.
We expect your team will comprise of:
- Multiple Co-Investigators
- More than one country (at least 25% of the team should be from outside of the UK)
- Complementary disciplines
- More than one organisation (academic or commercial)
We are looking for applications that:
- Have the potential to unlock new thinking
- Are pioneering, novel and bold
- Include truly unique collaborations
- Couldn't be achieved without this level of funding
Stay up to date
Help to set the next Grand Challenge
To set the first 7 Grand Challenges we consulted with the scientific community, innovators and patients. Each Grand Challenge identified barriers, which if overcome, would significantly impact our ability to understand, prevent, diagnose, or treat cancer.
In early summer 2017 our scientific panel will meet to review and refresh the challenges and we would like to take your ideas on board to help guide them.