Accessibility statement for research funding and events
We're committed to ensuring our research funding opportunities and research events are as accessible and inclusive as possible.
- To reduce and eliminate potential barriers to accessing our research funding and events for researchers, particularly those with a disability.
- To ensure our grant processes throughout the CRUK funding cycle are accessible, fair and inclusive for all applicants and reviewers, including patient and public involvement representatives.
OUR COMMITMENTS TO OUR RESEARCH COMMUNITY
- We understand we need to give proactive consideration to the accessibility needs of every member of our research community, particularly in developing research funding opportunities and events.
- We understand that it is essential to provide accessible, inclusive and fair funding processes.
- We invite applicants, panel and committee members, including patient and public involvement representatives to engage with us about their individual needs in relation to accessing our funding processes and events.
- We will make every effort to accommodate any reasonable adjustments where possible.
- We will monitor, review, learn from and continuously improve how we address accessibility in our research related policies, practices and processes.
WHO THIS STATEMENT APPLIES TO
This Statement covers accessibility in relation to:
- An potential research applicant to our research funding schemes
- Our community of expert panel and committee members including patient and public involvement representatives
- Researchers who attend Cancer Research UK research-related events.
This Statement is effective from February 2017. It will be reviewed every year and any changes will be approved by the Head of Research Funding Operations.