Thornbury and District Local Committee
Contact this groupGet in touch and find out how you can get involved.
Call Tony Flintoff on 01454 620097. Standard call charges apply.
Our local Fundraising Group organise various events throughout the year to raise money for Cancer Research UK. We meet about every 6 weeks in Thornbury (near Bristol), so if you interested in joining our group, or would like to help in any of our activities or even just come along to a local event, weﾒd love to hear from you. You donﾒt need any experience of fundraising, just enthusiasm and a desire to help beat cancer.
- 8th September - Tennis Tournament at Thornbury Tennis Club. Event includes tennis matches, food and raffle.
- 20th September - Cream Teas in Tytherington Village Hall, South Gloucestershire. You can enjoy an afternoon of sheer delight with piano and other music, tombola, raffle and cream tea! Other refreshments also available.
- 2nd October - Wine tasting at Tytherington Village Hall where there will also be cheese and pickle to help soak up the wine!
- 17th October - Autumn Fair at St Helens School Alveston, from 10:00-1.00pm. There will be lots of stalls where you can buy some wonderful Christmas presents and much, much more, including tea, coffee and homemade cakes.
- 28th November - Thornbury Orchestral Evening at The Baptist Church Hall in Thornbury. It will be a relaxing evening of beautiful music from Vaughan Williams, Sibelius and Strauss.
If anyone is interested in joining us for any of these community events or would like more information, please contact Jennie Watson on firstname.lastname@example.org