Our Technology and Change team is expanding!
We Support Cancer Research UK in bringing forward the day when all cancers are cured, and we are committed to contributing our best Technology and Change skills and experience to support our colleagues and each other in that aim, through the provision of appropriate information technology, systems and services.
Technology is a fundamental enabler for everything the charity does, from engaging with our supporters and the general public, to fundraising, to allocating the funds raised to research scientists, to communicating the results of that research and information about cancer. Our ability to exploit information technology is essential to building and maintaining our relationships with our donors, whoever and wherever they are, and our Technology and change skills, systems and services need to keep us abreast of how our staff and supporters are adopting and using technology in their daily lives.
Cancer Research UK is committed to bringing forward the day when cancer is cured, and we are committed to contributing our best IT skills and experience to support our colleagues and each other in that aim.
I work within the Service Desk team acting as first point of contact for the support of IT Services for 3000 internal customers at Cancer Research UK. Responding to technology related requests and incidents, I work with customers to identify issues and propose solutions, while escalating more complex issues to second line technical teams.
My role involves building customer relationships to provide excellent customer service. I’m fortunate to work alongside talented dynamic IT professionals in a friendly and supportive team. I enjoy having the opportunity to engage with colleagues who hold varying roles across the charity, from scientists in institutes to fundraisers in Scotland. These interactions remind me of the role of IT Services in being an enabler for the charity’s research and fundraising activities.
Harriet Ellis, IT Services Desk Analyst
The Technology and Change department is split up into 6 different teams:
- Service Operations provides our core infrastructure, networks and website hosting as well as managing all of our client devices (VDIs, desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones…etc.) and looking after the IT helpdesk
- Business Applications manages and supports all of our business systems including CRM, Business Intelligence, HR, Finance, eGMS and a broad range of other applications used across the charity including our scientific systems
- Enterprise Architecture looks after our technology estate – working with architects within our technology teams and in Digital to make sure that our overall landscape is appropriate and that we are making coherent technology decisions that work as part of this landscape
- Governance & Performance spans both Technology and Change, looking at our overall health and performance including security & risk, incident management, service assurance, planning and portfolio management
- Business Design will be focussed on working with the different business areas across the charity to understand your change needs and how we can assist you in those. The Business Architect and Business Analysts will be used to help understand and design the change you need, look for process improvement opportunities and advise on capabilities that we already have within the charity which could be re-used
- Project Delivery consists of a number of project and change managers and they will take responsibility for making change happen. This is not restricted to just the technology elements of change but will encompass the end-to-end project management and co-ordination of all parts of the change project.
Cancer Research UK is a life-saving organisation. Our pioneering research delivers the breakthroughs which prevent, control and cure cancer. From our volunteers and supporters to our scientists and our doctors and nurses, we’re all here to save more lives. Together, we’re leading the world in discovering and developing newer, kinder treatments, and getting closer to cures.
We believe in our vision: to bring forward the day when all cancers are cured. It’s big and audacious, but we have a plan of attack, and day by day, we are breaking down cancer. This is what gets us up in the morning and unites us. We don’t have organisational values or behaviours – instead – a set of Beliefs which guide the way we work:
United we are stronger than cancer
Smart minds and brave hearts win
Our stories change the world
Working for Cancer Research UK is unlike any company you’ve ever worked for. If you ask our people what they say they love about working here, they’ll tell you it’s our inspiring people, brand and culture.
By joining our Technology and Change team you will get a chance to contribute to our fundraising awareness work, be constantly challenged throughout every working day and get countless opportunities to interact and build relationships with a wide range of people
Cancer Research UK recently launched a new recruitment management system for our job vacancies. Use the links below to read the brief instructions on how best to use this new system.
Browse our job board for current vacancies and create a profile before starting an application.
The simple application process will involve providing some contact details and uploading your CV and cover letter. By applying, you will become active in the Cancer Research UK candidate pool, which we can use to search for candidates.
When applying specifically to a position, please be sure to address in your cover letter how you match the criteria in the role profile, and be sure to include your salary expectations.
We also require you to answer a few additional questions before you can submit your application, relating your past experience to the role advertised. You can edit and view a summary of your profile before sending the application.
If you experience technical difficulties submitting an application please email email@example.com.
Help us beat cancer
Work in the Technology and Change team at the world's leading charity dedicated to beating all types of cancer.