Developing a career in research
We're committed to developing outstanding scientists and inspiring the cancer research leaders of tomorrow. We can support you wherever you are in your career.
If you're an established researcher
If you already have a strong track record of research and want to develop your independent research career, then our fellowships and grants can help.
If you're a postdoc researcher
If you are looking to take the next step in your research career we can support in several ways.
If you're a graduate
If you're looking to start your cancer research career, you have a few options;
- Most of our institutes advertise studentships and fellowships once a year. Contact the institutes directly to find out more.
- Our Centres also offer PhD opportunities. Contact the centres directly for more information.
- We also offer Research Bursaries for clinicians and allied health professionals.
If you're an undergraduate interested in cancer research
If you would like to get some research experience, many of our Institutes and the institutions where we fund research offer summer placement schemes:
- CRUK Beatson institute
- CRUK Cambridge Institute
- The Francis Crick Institute
- The Institute of Cancer Research
The Medical Research Council, the Academy of Medical Sciences and the Biotechnology & Biological Sciences Research Council also offer bursaries or run schemes to support science undergrads.