Tamzin Outhwaite makes today count for cancer charity
Tamzin Outhwaite has lent her support to the Make Today Count campaign for Cancer Research UK. The campaign will run on 2008's extra day, 29th February. It asks for people to do whatever they can to raise money for charity on that extra leap year day.
Tamzin said: "It's so easy just to do one little thing for the Make Today Count campaign. I'm going to send a bunch of flowers to my mum, my aunt Sandra and nanny Lina who have all been affected by cancer. I'm using Cancer Research UK's Give With Flowers - so they'll be happy and I'll have raised money for Cancer Research UK's work at the same time. Doing something small to fundraise on 29th February will really help the charity to continue its vital research. Please do get involved - there are loads of ways that you can help raise money and you could end up having fun with friends and family at the same time."
Whether it's holding a fundraising dinner party, buying a pin badge from the shops, donating clothes, or giving flowers - we can all come together and make our extra day count. Visit Make Today Count to see how you can get involved.
For media information please contact the Cancer Research UK Press Office on 020 7061 8364 or the out-of-hours duty press officer on 07050 264 059.
About Cancer Research UK
- Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK's vision is to beat cancer.
- Cancer Research UK carries out world-class research to improve understanding of the disease and find out how to prevent, diagnose and treat different kinds of cancer.
- Cancer Research UK ensures that its findings are used to improve the lives of all cancer patients.
- Cancer Research UK helps people to understand cancer, the progress that is being made and the choices each person can make.
- Cancer Research UK works in partnership with others to achieve the greatest impact in the global fight against cancer.
- For further information about Cancer Research UK's work or to find out how to support the charity, please call 020 7009 8820 or visit our homepage.