Sir James Crosby joins Cancer Research UK's Governing Council
CANCER Research UK today (Thursday 31 January 2008) announced the appointment of Sir James Crosby to its Council of Trustees. Sir James will also join the Charity's Finance Committee; both appointments are effective today.
Formerly the Chief Executive of HBOS plc, Sir James is currently the senior independent director of ITV plc and Compass Group plc and deputy chairman of the Financial Services Authority.
Sir James said: "I'm delighted to have been appointed to join Cancer Research UK's Council of Trustees. Cancer affects one in three of us at some point in our lives but thanks to cancer research thousands more people every year are beating the disease. I look forward to contributing to the Charity's vital work."
David Newbigging, Chairman of Cancer Research UK, said: "We're very fortunate to have Sir James join us and I'm looking forward to working with him. He's an outstanding senior executive and will bring invaluable experience to Cancer Research UK's Council."
For media enquiries, please contact the Cancer Research UK press office on 020 7061 8314 or, out-of-hours, the duty press officer on 07050 264 059.
About Cancer Research UK
- Together with its partners and supporters, Cancer Research UK's vision is to beat cancer.
- Cancer Research UK carries out world-class research to improve understanding of the disease and find out how to prevent, diagnose and treat different kinds of cancer.
- Cancer Research UK ensures that its findings are used to improve the lives of all cancer patients.
- Cancer Research UK helps people to understand cancer, the progress that is being made and the choices each person can make.
- Cancer Research UK works in partnership with others to achieve the greatest impact in the global fight against cancer.
- For further information about Cancer Research UK's work or to find out how to support the charity, please call 020 7009 8820 or visit our homepage.