Worry

Hi 

ive just discovered this group - 

im not sure if its reassured me or not but felt by writing my worries down it may help

So my symptoms 

discharge - clear- mild greenish in colour

odd spot bleeds in between periods - not regular but on occasion

lower back pain - like an ache 

no pain during sex or after

and on the very odd occasion slight evidence of blood after sex 

csnt say any of the above is regular or consistent 

so..... i decided to see my gp who requested swabs 

swabs completed ️ swabs come back clear - however when swabs were taken she did say my cervix looked red??

low and behold my smear letter arrived and managed to get a cancellation the very next day - which was completed today

now the long wait for the results 

should i be worried??? Because i am .... with being an over thinker and over worrier anyway im in absolute bits - automatically thinking the very worse 

the doctor saying my cervix was red put me in instant panic

xxx

• Hello Montesa, 

The long wait for results is always such an anxious time and I hope you won't have to wait too long. I can imagine it must be a very stressful time for you while waiting for these important results. 

I know it is really hard but try not to worry too much or anticipate what it might be. There are so many reasons why your cervix might have looked red so try not to think too much about what the doctor said. The best thing to do to avoid thinking too much about this is to keep busy and distracted if you can and avoid looking things up online. I can imagine it is hard for you to do this at the moment but it will help you feel a little less anxious. 

I hope you will also hear from others here who have been through all this before and that they will be along soon to share their story with you. 

Keeping everything crossed for you that everything turns out fine. 

Best wishes, 

Lucie, Cancer Chat Moderator