Worried sick

Hi all. So I can’t sleep so thought I’d post on here. 

When my son was about 2 years old I noticed a lump in his neck. I took him to the doctors who said it was most likely a lymph node and would go down in time. However, after a few weeks it was still there so I took him back. They said as long as he was eating/growing etc and had no other symptoms then it was no cause for concern . 

He hasn’t had any other health concerns so visits to the doctors have been few and far in between. 

He is now nearly 6 years old and although the lump as always been there, it gets bigger when he has a cold or not well but always reduces after a while. 

Yesterday though, I noticed it had gotten much bigger. I had a feel round and can now feel 3 little lumps. They are all small and squishy and now I’m in a state of complete panic. He hasn’t been under the weather or showing any signs of a cold etc. I’m going to book him the doctors as soon as they open. I’m worried sick and feeling *** that I didn’t push the doctors to do further tests when he was younger. 

I don’t really have any questions, just came on here for some reassurance. I’m hoping I get an appointment for the morning and will keep you posted on what they say xx

• Hi there ...

So sorry your having so much worry right now ... bless him ... it's so much harder when it's our babies .. please don't feel guilty ... you put your trust in the Drs... there wasn't much more you could have done .. but now do as much pushing as you need to do .. just be firm in wanting more tests and stand your ground ... it's amazing how we can fight when it's our kids ... and fingers crossed for good results .. but you need more tests to give you a proper diagnosis... as scary as it is thinking what it may be ... once you know .. you can then get a plan in place ... 

Will be thinking of you today ... let us know how you go ...  sending you a vertual hug... Chrissie x

• hi chrissie

thank you for you reply. I really appreciate it. 

So the doctor could only feel two and she said they don’t feel suspicious. I requested bloods and a scan to which she agreed. She checked him over and couldn’t feel anymore.

Got to wait for appointment letter to come through, doing to try and put it to the back of my mind and enjoy the rest of the 6 weeks holiday. 

Ill give an update as soon as I hear about his appointment. 

Xx

• Hi there ..

Thanks for letting me know ... at least a scan will give you a deffinate diagnosis.... then fingers crossed all well. But you will feel better knowing for sure ...

I'm the same .. I'm over protective of my kids and grandkids ... but better safe then sorry .. so if your gut tells you somethings not right .. listen to it ... that's just being a mum ...

Got everything crossed for your baby ... (my baby is 37... their always our babies) ... 

Chrissie xx

• just a quick update. My sons scan is tomorrow. 

Honestly ive barely slept since the appointment came through!

im hoping to get some feedback from the ultrasound tomorrow but I’ve heard different views. Some people say they get results there and then, or at least a hint of what they can see. 

If they don’t give me any results tomorrow, how long until my doctor will receive the report? Would calling Friday be too soon?